Programmes not shown in Add/Remove

jessej 09:59 11 Oct 04

I have recently rebuilt a computer, see previous posts, and installed 98SE, seeing as I had that OS and did not want the expense on forking out for another XP CD.
But I have been having a lot of problems with it, most of which I have managed to solve and cure but this one has got me stumped.
I done something wrong and the computer would only boot up in safe mode, unable to find out why I decided to restore the back up I done immediately after the installation, that did not do a bit of good. So, using the Recovery Disc, I started on the options listed on screen. 1st one, Restore your System Files, no good, still in safe mode. 2nd, Recover Current Windows, still booted in safe mode. On to the 3rd, Quick Restore Windows - No Format, and success, back to normal except for having to load various drivers again and correct some settings. But, though the few programmes I have loaded are showing on the Desktop or in Programmes, and they still work, none of them are listed in Add/Remove. I suppose I could always use either their uninstall option, those that have it, or maybe delete them in Windows Explorer (which I don't like doing) but how else could I remove them should I want to, and how do I get them back in Add/Remove?
All suggestions gratefully received.

Graham ® 10:09 11 Oct 04

Registry time!

click here

jessej 10:31 11 Oct 04

Thank you Graham, that looks fun.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…