PROGRAMMES CRASHING IN WINDOWS 7

andrewsinfrance 15:22 05 Oct 10

I keep getting programme crashes in Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, FotoSketcher and others.
I NEVER get a solution from Windows.
Anyone have a solution to this problem.
I hope that the following will help to offer a possible solution. Thanks in advance.

OS. - Windows 7 home Premium. 64bit.
RAM. - 4mb
Processor. - Pentium (R) Dual Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60 Ghz
I have an external Imogea USB connected Hard drive of 500Gb. used for data files.

What have I tried?
Because the crashes happen in all the programmes that I run I have tried to move the main files from my external hard drive to the computers C drive but this has made no difference.
There is a log of all crashes that I can post / e.mail if this will help.
Once the programme has crashed it stays frozen on screen. I can access the web or another programme if I want to but the 'frozen one' will not closer, even using Task Manager.
I have cleaned dust from the inside of the case as someone suggested that the processor might be overheating. I live in SW France and internal temperatures in my office can reach 80 - 84F. Maximum humidity is 60%.
The tower is made by ANKERMANN and is just over 6 months old.

PROGRAMMES AFFECTED INCLUDE Office Suite 2007 / Adobe CS4 suite, Adobe Illustrator 10 ( In XP Mode ) Sometimes they run without any problem, other times they crash but not at a consistent point. Once crashed they either close completely without me being able to save anything or, in the case of Word, they just lock up solid and I have to switch the computer off and then re-start it. If word locks up I can open other programmes and internet access. Internet access is by Firefox NOT IE

Seth Haniel 16:19 05 Oct 10

it can sometimes give the exact cause of the problem in its examination

click here

maybe ATI driver - or faulty modem driver common causes

andrewsinfrance 17:10 05 Oct 10

Bluescreenview is only for 32 bit systems it says. I am running 64 bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017