programme wont open!

tanzanite 14:31 17 Aug 03

I was running the bband speed test when it advised me to dload cybertweak so i dloaded it this was a few weeks ago and didnt think much of it so deleted it today only now 2 programes wont open which are the bband speed test and startman,i get the message unable to start because MSVBVM60.DLL was not found,i tried reinstalling them but still getting the same message.

Im on windows XP

tbh72 14:36 17 Aug 03

Search for the MSVBVM60.DLL file using the find file command from the start button. After you have found all examples of the file right click on each one looking at their dates & sizes. Choose the original MS file. TIP The date will be the same as your operating system file dates.

Delete all instances of this file with the exception of the one you wish to keep. Then copy it to the windows/system folder and the other locations as shown in the paths of the Find Files Command.

Hope this helps?

krypt1c 14:39 17 Aug 03

msvbvm60.dll is a Visual Basic file. When you say 'deleted' do you mean removing using add/remove program in settings / control panel?
Did you get any messages re shared files when removing cybertwaek ?

tanzanite 14:45 17 Aug 03

yes deleted using add/remove,i did get a message but thats where my inexperience in computers shows as i didnt think it would relate to other programes

tanzanite 15:11 17 Aug 03

i searched for the file MSVBVM60.DLL and its not there,when i rescan using the word or phrase in the file option i get 12 results but none are named as the above file.

wee eddie 15:17 17 Aug 03

with luck that should put MSVBVM60.DLL back. Then redelete it later

tanzanite 15:21 17 Aug 03

Well redloaded the bband speed test and its now opening the programmes

wee eddie 15:22 17 Aug 03

Visit this site. I have not checked to see if it is there but it was top of my Google search this time. It was not the site I used last time I accidentally deleted a .dll, but that was a year or so back.

click here

Rayuk 15:22 17 Aug 03

click here
Put in Windows/System folder

tanzanite 17:33 17 Aug 03

well fixed the promblem but i saved your links i reckon they might come in handy sometime!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…