Programme to open picture Files Help Please

Ascot Monkey 23:48 28 Jun 06

Hi.

I have recently downloaded some pictures onto my pc, from my camra.

To cut a long story short, i have since rebooted the C hard drive using the two discs, system cd and the recovery cd, and before i did this i put my picture file onto the D hard drive.

I have since come to look at pictures and i find i cannot open pictures file, i get the following when i try and open file.

To open this file, windows needs to know what programme created it etc. etc.

I click the use the web service to find programme, i get The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Or the select the programme from the list, so i click on the programme titled what you want is not on the list or on your computer, i then click on the link that states the following Look for the appropriate programme on the web.

I have done this, and i get the following site come up.

click here\a\Desktop\school%20lotte

As a absolute beginner, i'll be totally honest, the contents of the page goes over my head, i have no clue.

I would be very grateful for help.

terryf 00:54 29 Jun 06

Which OS? if winxp, click on a clear part of the desktop, press F! and type 'view pictures' in the search box. Also try this for other OS versions

terryf 00:55 29 Jun 06

Sorry, should be press F1

brundle 10:06 29 Jun 06

Restore image file associations; click here

SANTOS7 10:26 29 Jun 06

click here
this may help,good luck...

Diemmess 12:53 29 Jun 06

"I click the use the web service to find programme" ?

A simple way with your existing software.
Find the picture using My Computer (or the Start > Search routine if you can't find it.)

Click or double click on the picture when you find it.
Windows will ask which application you wish to use to open it.
Scroll down the list of alternatives until you recognise your usual program for opening pictures and select that,... (Windows "Paint" for instance.)
If you have a fancy program you can select it instead.
The file should open.

There is usually a checkbox offering to "always open with".......sometimes greyed out depending on circumstances. Deselect that box until you are sure the program of your choice works as you expected it to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…