Programme not uninstalling, can you help please?

Sneeze1 14:59 20 Jul 15

I am trying to remove an older version of Cyberlink Power Director so I can install a newer one. But when ever I go into control panel and click on the tab which says uninstall change, a message comes up saying install shield wizard will guide you through the programme setup. Another message comes up saying it has detected that there is a version on there already, would I like to install it? After clicking yes I received another message saying

Error the product definition file lost

Can you tell me what this means please?

Is the product gone or what? The icon is still there in the add and remove programmes area.

xania 15:28 20 Jul 15

Seems to me the uninstaller is getting in a loop. Try again, but this time, when it asks if you want to install say No. Hopefully, that will stop the program re-installing and then you can install your newer version from scratch.

alanrwood 16:04 20 Jul 15

Try using IOBit Uninstaller (Free) but be careful to deselect the added programs during the install.

Sneeze1 17:22 20 Jul 15

Thanks for your replie's. i think I am getting into a loop somehow.

A green line slides along and then it says install wizard which will guide you through the set up process. It has detected the other programme and asks would I like to un-install it, as I meant to say (sorry). I clicked no this time and nothing happens. Have also clicked yes and nothing happens, then the error message comes up about definition file lost. What is this IOBit Uninstaller like?

Also can the newer vesrion override the old one, or would that make no difference?

bumpkin 17:32 20 Jul 15

Try this freebie, run it in advanced mode. click here

john bunyan 19:48 20 Jul 15

If it is 64 but, I believe the free Revo uninstaller will not work - only on 32 bit programmes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…