Programme accessing the internet against my will

Pusherman 11:42 05 Jun 03

I am running XP Pro and have recently installed some software that allows my Sony Clie to synchronise with outlook etc. All that is working fine but the problem I have is that a programme called DvzMsgr.exe keeps trying to access the internet. I tell it not to but as soon as I reboot my machine it tries again after five minutes. How do I tell XP not to load this programme at start up?
Thanks Everyone
Pusherman.

leo49 11:56 05 Jun 03

If any application can't be disabled from within the program itself, I use Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel -

click here

Regards

Lú-tzé 11:59 05 Jun 03

Check if it is starting from the Programs_start menu - if so, remove it from there.

Otherwise check if it is listed in MSConfig - start_run

and then

msconfig

and from there, the startup tab.

Also have a look at blackviper.com for info re the services which can be disabled from XP.

Lú-tzé 12:00 05 Jun 03

Or, as Leo49 says, go with Mike Lin's little prog. It is excellent.

DieSse 12:01 05 Jun 03

This belongs to a program called DataViz Manager. You cabn do a search for this on Google, and see if any of the links help you.

leo49 12:03 05 Jun 03

DvzMsgr.exe is the synchro program for his Sony so he knows what it is!

DieSse 12:21 05 Jun 03

click here is their main site - it may be trying to register - it may have loaded some trial versions of other products - it may be trying to get some data that the default settings ask it to.

It's a genuine program, so why not let it connect, and see where it leads you - the cure may be embedded in where it takes you.

Pusherman 21:03 05 Jun 03

Thanks to all that replied, problem solved!

Pusherman.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac