Program won't uninstall

mollyy 13:48 06 Aug 06

I have tried to install new software and encountered problems with installation therefore had to uninstall everything. When I try to install the program again it keeps saying that one of the programs on the disc is already installed and aborts the installation. How can I find and remove program which it says is still there even though I have uninstalled it?

VoG II 14:02 06 Aug 06
  VoG II 14:37 06 Aug 06

Via e-mail

Thanks I've downloaded windows clean up but the program doesn.t show in the list for removal. I have also purchase Registry Mechanic and run that but still doesn't solve the problem.
=============================

It is best if you respond using the Add a new response box at the bottom of the page. The yellow envelope is for invited personal messages.

skidzy 14:40 06 Aug 06

Molly can you tell us the name of the piece of software you are trying to install please.

Have you tried uninstalling from add and remove programs ?

Another idea is that you may be able to uninstall the program in question from the uninstall section of Ccleaner click here download this goto Tools/uninstall highlight the program in question and click uninstall.Also using a registry cleaner after an uninstalling will tidy up the obsolete registry entries. click here hope this helps.

mollyy 15:03 06 Aug 06

The program I originally had problems with was Canon EOS utilities which came with a new EOS camera. When I tried to install it some of the programmes went on ok but some had error messages coming up so only part of the whole set up was there. I uninstalled using each individual programme uninstaller and then used add/remove programmes for anything that was left. I then tried to re-install from scratch but it kept stopping the install when it tried to re-install Photostitch saying it was already on there. I have searched all the files including hidden files and even deleted from recycle bin but installation still come up with same error and aborts installation. Have now sent the disk to Canon for inspection but they seem to think it will be my computer. I have never had problems installing programmes before. I run XP with 512k RAM.

skidzy 15:09 06 Aug 06

This may be of interest Molly click here

mollyy 15:17 06 Aug 06

Thanks Skidzy
Will try that when disk is returned

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…