program windows not filling screen when maximized

Emperor Penguin 17:41 16 Sep 04

i have just installed nvidia drivers for my tv out graphics card and am having this situation occur in which various program windows do not reach the top of the screen when maximized - i can see the top of some desktop icons behind the window. i have the screen resolution set to 800X600 as normal. i am using xp by the way. In addition to this the tv out feature isn't working as it should either but that's another issue entirely

Stuartli 17:45 16 Sep 04

Open a window and ensure that in the top right hand corner the middle button shows two small screens (i.e. to minimise).

Then using the mouse cursor stretch the window until it fills the area required.

Then try the screen maximised and minimised.

If this doesn't work there are other workrounds but you may not need them.

Emperor Penguin 18:10 16 Sep 04

have tried this already. am also having problems in with no back buttons working when opening folders in explorer, they are greyed out.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:39 16 Sep 04

Explorer back button

tools -folder options -general tab.

In browse folders (middle) tick 'open in same window'

gunner-joe 20:22 16 Sep 04

See if it's your monitor settings that need adjusted. You should have menu buttons on your
monitor. Hit the menu and see what options you are given. You should have a button for zooming to what size you are happy with. Also you have a position and size utility you can adjust at your leisure. Although some screens LOCK_UP after a timeout facility activates. Hope this helps you and good luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…