Program will not remove

Terrygee 11:22 24 May 05

I'm running BackUp Plus under Win. XP SP2. Needing to remove current version prior to installing new version I found program listed once in "All programs" but twice in "Remove programs". Used Wizard to remove first of these O.K. from both locations but when trying to remove second was informed "Internal error, unable to load or call external DLL". What does this mean? How can I "remove"? Do I need to?

zemdarin 17:54 24 May 05

Hi Tery
If you have taken it off once, and you still have it in the ADD/Rmove programs, try calling it up from the icon on your desk top, if it is not there go into program files find the folder and delete whats left, and then run something like Registry Mechanic to get rid of all excess files. Works for me.

Terrygee 22:06 24 May 05

Hi zemdarin

Very many thanks for your response, but it's way above me. I should buy an abacus!

How do I "go into program files". Then how do I "run Registry Mechanic"?

Terry

zemdarin 20:23 28 May 05

Hi Terry
Open your computer and select your hard drive usually C: then look for the folder Program Files. Open it then look for the folder back-up plus, if that is the one and delete it. Caution, only if you have made sure you did remove it first in the ADD/Remove program. registry Mechanic is a program that makes sure your registry is clean and rids you of unwated and useless files no longer on your computer. It isn't free but it is the best one I know for the job. You can download it from click here and learn how to install and run it.

Terrygee 15:23 02 Jun 05

Many thanks, zemdarin. Easy when you know how!
I've now bought Registry Mechanic and done a clean-up

zemdarin 12:32 04 Jun 05

Glad I was able to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…