a program for two windows ?

blurdevil 13:24 09 Jun 03

I installed two OS (windows 2000 Pro & Windows XP Pro)
i install a few utilities like ICQ,Imesh, and others in Windows XP Pro
can i use it in Windows 2000 too ?
i juz found out that i install winzip in XP but then it doesn't shows any winzip in windows 2000 so i have to reinstall Winzip in windows 2000 ! kinda wasting space ..

how to set it to use in both OS ??

and another is fle sharing...
In windows XP i have certain documents that place in My docment in XP but then in windows 2000 i cannot access in XP document ! I also cannot access Windows 2000 My Document in XP !

how to set this too ??

thankz for spending your time reading and helping me to solve this matter...!!

Lú-tzé 14:02 09 Jun 03

Are the two Operating Systems on two partitions? Ideally, they should be but it is possible that they are not.

But they will be two different systems and so need programs installed twice.

Some programs will be able to share data folders - eg Mozilla browser, some email progs, and so on, will also need to be installed onto both systems.

blurdevil 21:04 09 Jun 03

My two OS in different partition and different Hard Disk ! so I have to install two times in order to use a program in two os ? kinda wasting space isn't it ??

ΆØL HåŁęŖ 21:16 09 Jun 03

it is like wasting space but they are two separate operating systems so need seperate programs. It is really similar to having two computers

blurdevil 04:05 10 Jun 03

thankz guys....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…