A program to switch PC on at a specified time

FatboySlim71 08:54 22 Sep 06

I was wondering if anyone knows of a program that would switch my pc at a time that I specify. I am using Windows XP Pro service pack 2

martjc 09:12 22 Sep 06

...myy PC has a setting in the bios which allows for automatic switch on at a given time. I think it's in Advanced Settings. Problem is that not every MB will do this.

Good luck!

FatboySlim71 09:15 22 Sep 06

Thanks martjc, i will have a look in my BIOS and see if I have any such setting, thanks for your help.

FatboySlim71 09:49 22 Sep 06

I looked in my BIOS but unfortunately it does not have any such feature, thanks for your help anyway. If anyone else knows of any such program, your help would be appriaciated.

SANTOS7 09:54 22 Sep 06

Turn on your computer for a convenient time automatically?
Go to your Computer Setup (press Del when your PC is loading).
Go to “Power Management Setup” and enable “ PWron/Resume by alarm” and set date alarm and time alarm and then press F10 to save your change and turn off your pc.
On specified date and time, your pc will turn on

FatboySlim71 10:12 22 Sep 06

Thanks a million SANTOS7, I have tried what you said and it worked fine, your a star, thanks all for your help especially SANTOS7, I will mark this topic as resolved. Thanks again.

Simsy 14:20 22 Sep 06

for anyone else who may find this through a search... the suggestion from SANTOS7 is, actually, a setting in the BIOS!

(If I've understood correctly!)

Regards,

Simsy

Fellsider 14:52 22 Sep 06

bump

EARLR 15:50 22 Sep 06

bookmarked

silverous 16:04 22 Sep 06

Simsy, yes I was thinking that, thought the BIOS had been checked and found not to have that setting. Perhaps it is hidden.

FatboySlim71 22:58 22 Sep 06

I had looked in the Advanced Settings like martjc had suggested but like I said "I looked in my BIOS but unfortunately it does not have any such feature", but then SANTOS7 said,

"Go to Power Management Setup and enable PWron/Resume by alarm and set date alarm and time alarm"

So I did not know that it would be in the "Power Management Setup" until SANTOS7 had posted the reply later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…