Program to STOP new 'windows' popping up

Sethhaniel 11:27 04 Mar 05

Seen it somewhere - a program that makes popups like 'New mail' wait in the task bar 'flashing to be recognized' instead of popping up and ruining what you were on with (i.e looking up from keyboard to find your last paragraph hasn't been registered as popup waiting to be aknowledged))

any one seen it ;)

Jackcoms 11:32 04 Mar 05

You mean a pop-up blocker, presumably?

If your OS is XP SP2 that has an in-built one.

If not, try the Google toolbar which has one.

Sethhaniel 11:37 04 Mar 05

not exactly - though they do pop up - its not in the way that adverts do -which popup stoppers are meant to control -----------
if outlook gets new mail - it signals it by putting a message in the middle of the screen
which stops whatever you were doing till acknowledged - seen a program that makes these type of warnings wait their turn in the task bar just flashing to let you know they are there till you acknowledge in your own time ;0

Jackcoms 13:07 04 Mar 05

I'm with you now.

I don't use Outlook for e-mail but, in Outlook, click Tools; Options; Preferences; E-mail Options.

Make sure that 'Display a Notification message....' is NOT ticked.

Sethhaniel 08:26 07 Mar 05

In Tweakui for xp

sorted :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…