Program running on shutdown

Sue100 23:12 25 Jun 05

I am using windows XP on my laptop. When I try to shutdown a message box comes up 'Ending Program hpcmprmge.exe' I guess this is something related to my HP printer but the printer is not even plugged in. Can I stop this? Thanks

Stuartli 23:27 25 Jun 05

Can't find anything about this particular .exe whether genuine or virus related.

Have you tried connecting the printer and seeing what happens then when you shutdown?

woodchip 23:39 25 Jun 05

Start in Safe Mode, By keep pressing F8 as computer boots up from list at top press Safe Mode you have to press enter several times. click Admin for logon. in Safe mode Go to start\Run type MSCONFIG press enter go to startup tab and remove ticks that start HP software they should not need to run at boot. you can put these back if you have problems. restart computer tick the box before you close it that opens when you start or it will show every time you start comp

Trackrat 23:39 25 Jun 05

Have you tried the 3 fingered salute ( Control/Alt/Delete ) then click on processes to see if it is running if it is click end process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…