Program refuses to uninstall

MickinPlymouthUK 22:19 01 Apr 06

Hi,I don't want FlightSim2004 any more but when I click the uninstall button it refuses to budge, likewise when I use the control panel Add/Remove option, it still won't go.
So I'm stuck with a big unwanted prog sitting taking up a huge chunk of HD space.
Any suggestions how to shift it?
I'm Win 98SE and very PC-illiterate..
thanks

PC Bilbo 22:22 01 Apr 06

I'm assuming you tried to uninstall from within

VoG II 22:22 01 Apr 06

Try in Safe Mode click here

PC Bilbo 22:25 01 Apr 06

to continue.... Add/Remove Programs from within Windows Control Panel. If that didn't work you probably have a corruption to the uninstall programme. If you still have the disks try reinstalling, restart the computer and then see if it works.

MickinPlymouthUK 22:37 01 Apr 06

Bilbo - Already tried over the past few days clicking the uninstall icon in the directory and on the start menu without success..

VoG - Tried in safe mode too but no joy

Bilbo - inserted the install disk but the "install" option won't come up, probably because it recognises the prog's already installed..

Hey guys, why can't I just simply delete the directory into the bin, why do we have to go through this "uninstall" routine anyway, I've long wondered ?..

terryf 23:09 01 Apr 06

You will be left with registry entries, maybe some dll files and other bits and pieces pertaining to the program

terryf 23:11 01 Apr 06

You could consider doing a search in the registry (after setting a restore point) for the program name and deleting references then try to re-install and un-install

MickinPlymouthUK 23:13 01 Apr 06

There's no restore facility with Win 98SE, I'm in the stone age here ;)

SANTOS7 23:21 01 Apr 06

If you have installed any updates you need to uninstall them first.
1. Go to the Flight Simulator root directory.
2. Double-click the FS9UpdateUninstall.exe icon.
3. Delete the BACKUP folder.

Note: After uninstalling the Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight (Update) you will need to delete the BACKUP folder, as it is not removed by the uninstaller program

MickinPlymouthUK 23:39 01 Apr 06

Got rid of the update and backup days ago mate, still no success at uninstalling..
Actually I must confess my first attempt at uninstalling (unsuccessfully) was BEFORE I removed the update and backup, maybe thats what messed things up..
Incidentally, after working fine for many months, FS2004 suddenly refused to start and kept giving me the message -"missing or damaged cfg files, re-install game"
But as I say, there's no "install" option when I insert the disk, therefore there's no way to re-install.
And the "uninstall" keeps hanging and I'm at a dead end..

SANTOS7 23:48 01 Apr 06

click here
try the free version of this it may help......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017