program not responding

tes 17:30 23 Aug 08

I seem to be getting more & more of these messages,what causes it & how can, i cure it? For example i use avg 8 (paid for version)& I have to dissable the firewall to see the other computers on my home wireless network ok,but when I enable it again & try to close the avg interface I get the above message. I have emailed avg tech support but they do not answer my emails except for the automated reply.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:25 24 Aug 08

maybe a memory problem

Memory Test
MemTest - click here
Tutorial: How to use Memtest - click here
Windows Memory Test - click here

Have you given AVG permission to access the other computers?

Bris 11:43 24 Aug 08

You shouldnt need to disable the firewall there should be a facility within it to put your home network into the TRUSTED ZONE. If it gives you this capability you need to give the first and last IP adresses of you home network. To get this type IPCONFIG /all from a command line. Hope this helps.

tes 15:35 24 Aug 08

Thanks fruit Bat. did mem test but no errors.
Thanks Bris will work on avg when I can get Prog not responding sorted. By the way I sometimes get it when I'm using IE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…