//some 3rd party need geo

program not listed in add/remove

I'm trying to uninstall a program but find that it is not listed in add/remove. When I do a 'search' for this program it turns up a pageful of contents associated with it. I am using XP sp1. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Rgds, Mike.

Skyver 18:23 29 Nov 05

Have you looked for an Uninstall option in the start menu entry for the program, or a program called Unwise.exe within it's actual Program Files/ folder.
If the uninstall info has gone missing, re-install the program to put it back so you can uninstall it.

wee eddie 19:00 29 Nov 05

What program is it?

Greetings to;
Wee Eddie and Skyver.

Sorry for the delay in coming back.

I re-installed the prog and then used the uninstall to remove it. I think I must be getting too old for this computer caper. Nevertheless, I will soldier on cos its so downright fascinating.
Much thanks again folks.

Rgds, Mike.

wee eddie 22:01 29 Nov 05

Beware of using the term "Old" it's very carefully guarded round here!

Wuggy 22:51 30 Nov 05

That's only because Wee Eddie recently celebrated (if that's the right word) his 60th. birthday recently. My God I'm 2 years and 4 months (almost a lifetime) away from that so feel in the first flush of youth. No doubt Eddie is regretting that he turned down that sex-change operation now, as had he been a woman he would have had his first free bus pass. Still, walking is considered good exercise. What this has to do with computers is beyond me but I still find it fascinating.

wee eddie 23:10 30 Nov 05

I'm certainly well known for wearing a skirt at work.

Well - the Kilt really.

No - Seriously. There are folk here, doling out good advice, that have seen the back of seventy and more.

SG Atlantis 07:56 01 Dec 05

Absolutely wee eddie and you all have my respect and admiration, I'm 23 (just turned it yesterday) and I hope I'm like you guys when I get to that age.

Think PCA will still be here?

Greetings Friends,

Sorry for not coming back to you sooner, I thought that when my problem had been solved, thanks to your good selves, that the posting would end. I now see that it can continue thanks to the banter between forumites and long may that continue.
I think that the term 'old' is somewhat appropriate Wee Eddie as I am just on the 71. What the hell...I may not be as sprigtly as I once was and the bungee jumping is definitely out, but I feel a bit younger than that...maybe 69...seriously..it's whats between the ears that counts more than anything. Being in 'our' age bracket can also have some benefits. I went in to renew my passport today and was told that being 70+ I didn't have to pay for it saving €75 and drew my pension also today getting a bonus week, so it isn't all bad news..
I think Wuggie is 'stirring it up', but is it true Wee Eddie what they say about wearing the kilt.....
kindest regards to all,
laughter is indeed the best tonic,
Mike....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…