Program Menus, (Alphabetical order)

Cumano 13:05 23 Nov 04

How do I get program menus into alphabetical order?......I have recently upgraded my OS from ME to XP. In ME there was a Sort button in Start Menu properties, which, when clicked, put newly installed programs into alphabetical order. In XP I cannot find this function. Can anyone help?

ACOLYTE 13:08 23 Nov 04

Right click the menu select sort by name.

Cumano 13:36 23 Nov 04

Thank you, Acolyte, I've tried your suggestion, it doesn't work. The Menu concerned is the one that appears when 'All Programs' is clicked, in the Start Menu.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:39 23 Nov 04

You need to make sure you click on a Program Icon, and not a Folder Icon, and not in a blank area of the program list.

ACOLYTE 15:35 23 Nov 04

works brill on mine.

SEASHANTY 15:52 23 Nov 04

According to this MS website page you have to make changes to the registry to get "All Programs" back into alphabetical order using Windows XP
click here

SEASHANTY 16:00 23 Nov 04

I have just tried your suggestion by right clicking on an icon inside the "All Programs" menu and you are correct. It does sort them all in alpha order. Which that info on the MS page out of date.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 11:55 06 Dec 04

Do you get any options if you right click on the menu list? What are they?

Cumano 13:31 10 Dec 04

Sorry for the delay in my response to your responses. Thank you to all those who responded to my request for help. I have now resolved the problem by entering 'Task bar and Start menu Properties' and changing to 'Start Menu Classic Mode'. THANKS again to ALL, Cumano.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…