Program Launched with Scanner Button

Pesala 20:07 26 Mar 05

I like to use Irfan View for scanning images, but if I press the scanner button on the front of my scanner, Kodak Imaging launches. Is there any way to change this to launch Irfan View instead?

I'm using Windows ME, and an Epson Perfection 1250 scanner.

john-232317 20:20 26 Mar 05

I dont know if its the same but my scanjet, in properties, there are three options,

start in this program, and you can set the default there.

Prompt for which program to run Which is what i use and you get a list of what you can choose.

do nothing.

Maybe you have similar.

Pesala 22:03 27 Mar 05

I renamed Kodakimg.exe as kodakimg.bak, and copied i_view32.exe to the Windows directory, and renamed it to kodakimg.exe. Pressing my scanner button now launches Irfan View, which is a help, though the twain interface is no longer launched.

Other suggestions are welcome.

Chegs ® 00:28 28 Mar 05

Kodak.Color = 23;LDID_SYS\COLOR

WIN Kodak.W2kTWAIN.DelFiles=10,TWAIN_32

I was just poking about in my C:\Windows folders and found an .inf file that appears to be launching the twain interface.Can you not locate the similar one for your scanner and modify its contents to launch twain at same time as IfanView?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…