Program installation problems

Octoz 19:58 06 Aug 04

When I try to install the .exe file in order to install the XP drivers for a Mustek Bear Paw scanner, I get the following message:
" D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT" The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and MS Windows applications. I have an option of selecting a close button or an ignore one, either way I can't install the program. Any ideas please?

JoeC 20:03 06 Aug 04

to see if it helps.

click here

JoeC 20:05 06 Aug 04

to see if it helps.

click here

JoeC 20:05 06 Aug 04

to see if it helps.

click here

JoeC 20:07 06 Aug 04

Oooooops. . . .

woodchip 20:20 06 Aug 04

Try copying them to the Desktop from the CD, then start in Safe mode by reboot and keep pressing F8 key then choose safe mode in safe mode run the Setup from the desktop it may just install

Octoz 13:52 09 Aug 04

Thanks Joe C and Woodchip.

woodchip 14:29 09 Aug 04

So what work and IF

woodchip 14:30 09 Aug 04

So what worked and IF

Octoz 13:49 02 Sep 04

Woodchip,
Thanks for the help but I couldn't rectify the problem so will be installing XP pro in a new partition, transferring info and formatting old partition. I can't get anything to run

Bsmyth 13:58 02 Sep 04

can anyone tellwhy, when i install the above. It makes the internet show "this page cannot be displayed". If I do a system restore, everything is back as it was.?

Peter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…