Program install problem

barrydol 11:45 06 Nov 04

Hi, can anyone help. I started the install of IBM's new program Rescue and Recovery v.2.I mistakingly cancelled installation near the start. Tried again, got error msg " Error Applying transfoms.Verify that the specified transform paths are valid ". Tried Windows Installer Clean Up but the program wasn't listed. Any help would be much appreciated.

MichelleC 12:44 06 Nov 04

Tried manual uninstall? Use find/search to look for files then delete. You may have to go into registry to delete file/folder too. Once all files are gone should be able to reinstall.

barrydol 13:38 06 Nov 04

Michelle, thanx but got to go at the minute. Will try your suggestion later. Don't know the names of the files, Rescue and Recovery?, and I've never really delved into the registry although I'd be willing to try.

MichelleC 15:33 06 Nov 04

Type in RUN regedit; export copy of registry file, with export range 'all' to say desktop (doubleclicking it will revert back in case of probs). Navigate HKEYS_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/maker's name, and delete folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…