program that i cant find to delete

ozzippo 19:38 18 Dec 03

On my startup screen comes rem TShoot: SET Path=C:\Windows;C\Windows\Command;"C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper Home Edition\" I've searched in file finder and to no avail, this is causing my computer to take 1 minute & 32 seconds to boot up. Does anyone know how to get this off my computer please.

MAJ 19:46 18 Dec 03

Which operating system are you using, ozzippo?

johnnyrocker 19:47 18 Dec 03

either run msconfig and disable it in start up or try add remove programs in control panel.

johnny.

MAJ 19:47 18 Dec 03

Checkout msconfig first to see what's trying to start at bootup. Start > Run, type msconfig, click OK and go to the Startup tab.

Valvegrid 19:53 18 Dec 03

Did you used to have diskeeper light installed on your computer and now removed it? If you did, you are left with this line in your AutoExec.bat file.

Go to Windows explorer click on C: and look for a file called AutoExec.bat, highlight it so it turns blue, then hold the shift key and right mouse click, open the file with Notepad. That line can be deleted, click the cross on the top right, you will be asked if you want to save the file, say yes and try and boot the computer again.

I used to have the same problem.

Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…