This program has performed an illegal operation...

millefiori 20:30 08 Mar 04

Hi i have a problem and i was wondering if anyone has any answers to it. Whenever i try to open a folder ie My Computer, My Documents or even Recycle Bin a bar pops up to tell me that "This program has performed an illegal operation, and will be shut down."
After clicking details it says that "EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in module VX2.DLL at 0187:Old90446." I've had this problem for a couple of months now and have tried all types of anti-viruses with no success. It could be that i have a corrupt file or some kind of bug, but i wouldnt know where to start in fixing it. I can dial-up to the internet and use programs such as MSN Messenger and Kazaa, but aswell as not being able to open folders i cannot visit webpages.
If anyone else has experienced this kind of problem and/or has a way of fixing it then i would be extremly gratefull for any help.
Thanks very much.

R4 20:42 08 Mar 04

What O/S & EI are you using, as Win98/Ei V6 does not appear to use this Dll.

R4 20:44 08 Mar 04

You could try running SFC

radi8or 21:52 08 Mar 04

millefiori,

I think you have picked up some spyware have a read here

click here

and try Spybot search & destroy

click here

Regards Bob

df118 11:27 11 Mar 04

would suggest one steers cleaR of NSM Messenger;IT caused ME a STACK of problems and seems to have "nasties" lurking in it.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…