Program files in C drive

Tenacious Green 20:46 02 Oct 04

A couple of weeks ago I was having trouble with pre-installed Pinnacle Instant DVD/CD, so removed it. Since then that particular problem was solved. I removed it using Add/remove as it did not have its own uninstallation tool. Yesterday I noticed that when I ran an AVG scan I saw Pinnacle Instant DVD/CD in the program files. Being a computer novice could some tell me why software and applications have program files seperate from the files I removed using add/remove and in addition how do I know which ones I can delete as they are not all clearly marked. I addition to Pinnacle I've noticed other program files that came pre-installed like Tiscali Internet which I don't use. Can I just delete them or should I leave alone?

woodchip 20:53 02 Oct 04

It will have left Registry entry's when you uninstalled it also check Program Files for a Folder and remove it

stalion 20:55 02 Oct 04

try cleaning the registry
click here

THE TERMINATOR 20:55 02 Oct 04

Using add/remove programs, you HAVE deleted the program from your disk. Sometimes uninstallers leave behind some parts of it such as folders and the odd piece of program. You can delete the pinnacle folder and everything inside it without worry....TT

Tenacious Green 21:05 02 Oct 04

Thanks guys, your on the ball as always. One day I will have the knowledge to assist in the same way(I hope)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…