Program Files

Thomo1 14:26 03 Feb 05

In my C:Program files i have the following that i either cannot delete or dont recognise.

Microsoft Frontpage.

The folder has a sub-folder called version3.0. In that subfolder is nothing. BUT i cannot delete it as it apparently is being used by another program! Any ideas what it is??

MSN Gaming Zone.

I dont have MSN installed and never have. When i go to delete it, it tells me that doing so may make other progs/applicatoins unstable/unusable.

WindowsNT

Has a few icons in it that include Dialer (Microsoft corporation) adn Hypertrm.

Xerox

This folder has a sub folder called "nwwia". In the sub-folder is empty.
I cannot recall having anything made my or to do with Xerox on my machine!!! Cannot delete this folder either as it apparently is being used by another program.

Can any1 shed any help or ideas on if i need them and how i can get rid of them???

Running Xp Pro.

Thanks

JIM 14:34 03 Feb 05

That folder is used during logon by the imaging software in XP, as Microsoft licensed some of the tech from Xerox. The wia in the name of the folder named nwwia stands for "Windows Image Acquisition". I would just leave the folder alone as XP looks for it at logon.

JIM 14:40 03 Feb 05

i personaly would leave them but following link leads to one or two.For interest.

click here

ventanas 14:49 03 Feb 05

They come with every installation of XP Pro. Why I don't know. Have just checked eight installations, everyone has these folders. I would leave them alone.

Thomo1 14:50 03 Feb 05

ok cheers guys.

CurlyWhirly 18:43 03 Feb 05

I also have the Xerox folder containing the nwwia entry, so I too think it is best to leave well alone, as they are taking up very LITTLE hard drive space!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…