Program end now

kiddgame2000 09:12 21 Mar 06

Recently my computer has started taking an awful long time to close down. I click the shut down button on windows and it sits for atleast 1 minute before actually closing down and more often than not an "end now" window appears.

Obviously i think the slow shut down and the "end now" window are related. I should also point out that this problem has only started since i downloaded napster.

The "end now" windows says that "ccApp" is shutting down if that is any help.

Any one know what is going on?

Thanks

961 09:18 21 Mar 06

This is a programme that is not closing properly

Do you have Norton Anti-virus?

Do you scan for Ad-ware?

Graham ® 09:18 21 Mar 06

ccApp is a function of Norton Antivirus. It can also belong to a spyware program.

Stuartli 09:19 21 Mar 06

Do you have Norton Internet Security on your system?

These links indicate that could be the problem:

click here

click here

click here

kiddgame2000 09:45 21 Mar 06

That is exactly the problem i am having. Any suggestions why it only started after i downloaded napster.

I paid for and downloaded a legal copy of Norton Internet Security 2006 from there website so i really dont want to turn ccApp of as it seems quite important.

What would you guys do in this situation

961 10:17 21 Mar 06

Probably because along with Napster came a load of spyware

You need to clean that off your system to see if the problem is the spyware or Norton

I'd ditch Napster, but that's up to you

kiddgame2000 12:17 21 Mar 06

Yea napster really is awful. I assume its just a matter of using the add/remove programs function in the control panel or will that not remove everything.

I really want to remove everything to do with napster completely of my computer.

961 12:27 21 Mar 06

Probably not, I'm afraid

Use that first but then you will probably need to go on by using a cleaner such as Clean up or RegSeeker

You also need to ensure that any spyware is removed by using Spywareblaster, Microsoft antispy and A Squared

You can find all these (free) if you type the various names into Google

If the ccApp does not close down properly after all that it may be that a spyware programme has modified the Norton copy of that file. In that case try a repair of the Norton installation

terryf 12:31 21 Mar 06

After you have removed with Add//remove you may have to go into the registry (set a system restore point first) and search for references to Napster and delete them. Also do a search for *.txt files containing napster to try to get rid of napster cookies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…