Program to control access time to a computer

TomG 18:18 15 Dec 05

Does anyone know of a, free/cheap, program that lets you control access time to a PC? Ideally it will let you set the turn off time to the nearest half hour (or better). So for example I would like a on time of 09:00 and an off time of 20:30.

Most of the ones I've found so far are only down to the nearest hour or just let you control the number of minutes logged on.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:29 15 Dec 05

you can use Task Scheduler to automatically launch applications and therefore use it to shut down Windows at a specified time?

And if your PC powers down when you shut down Windows, Task Scheduler can automatically turn off your system as well.

download exits 95/98 (should also work on XP) click here

1. Run the setup program you downloaded by double-clicking its icon.

2. Once the install is complete, open the Scheduled Tasks Folder by double-clicking Task Scheduler in the System Tray.

3. Using My Computer or Windows Explorer, find Exits95.exe in the Windows folder and drag it to the Scheduled Tasks folder.

4. Right-click the new Exits95 task and select Properties. In the "Run" box, alter the text to read C:\windows\EXITS95.EXE /n.

5. Choose the Schedule tab to specify when you want Windows to shut itself down. Click OK.

To test the Shut Down task, save any work you have open on your desktop, right-click the Shut Down entry in Scheduled Tasks folder and choose Run.

You can modify this job to protect your computer from premature shutdowns: Go to the Idle Time options on the Settings tab of the task's Properties dialog. Check "Only start the scheduled task if computer has been idle for at least xx minutes" and alter the given time frame.

TomG 14:33 17 Dec 05

I've had a look but I don't think its what I want but thanks for suggesting it. I've tried configuring my belkin router but all that seems to do is block it completely (irrespective of the time) on next reboot.

VoG II 14:49 17 Dec 05

Not quite what you are after but may be of interest click here

TomG 16:57 17 Dec 05

That should do the trick

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\ and VoG

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…