Program back up help please

golfpro 09:54 11 May 04

I have a photo imaging program which is no longer available to download or to buy. I use this quite a lot and would like to copy the program to disc just in case something goes wrong, can this be done or not. Its one of the very early Adobe programs.

golfpro 09:55 11 May 04

Forgot to mention OS XP home.

TomJerry 10:00 11 May 04

For most "modern" program, it is not usually possible. Because the program insstall a lot of things (runtime library, registry keys etc) all over place. It may be possible for some old software. Only way to find out is to try it. Copy the whole directory of the program to a CD or usb memory stick. Take to another PC and run it (i.e. find the main program file and click it).

But you get some wonderful image editing program free, for example Gimp click here. If you only view and do simply editing, Irfanview is the best click here.

TomJerry 10:02 11 May 04

It is possible with XP. It is called "Transfer My System/Program Setting etc" mess around with PC you will find out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…