a program to automatically create a database?

theDarkness 09:56 05 Mar 09

a program to automatically create a database of files, if i give it a specific folder or hard drive location with alot of content? listing each found files size and type would also be a bonus, any good programs out there that will do it? thanks

theDarkness 10:25 05 Mar 09

Is it possible to do this automatically in microsoft access, by simply giving it the location with all my files? i wish it to just list all the files contained, or better yet of a certain type-if i can tell it what kind of files to list when found. Or will i need a different kind of database creator

MAJ 10:42 05 Mar 09

Try "DirPrinting", it will list all the files in a folder and you can choose which files it returns in the list, you can then print the list if you wish. click here

HondaMan 11:22 05 Mar 09

LS.EXE will do what you want.

I can't remember where I got it, but if you send me your email, using the little envelope, I'll send you a copy, it's only 112kb

HM

theDarkness 14:24 05 Mar 09

Ill try dirprinting, thanks, sounds like it does what i was after. Not so sure about LS.exe, whats its full name? I tried looking for it via google and it just gives multiple results about it being a common virus/trojan. Lol.

HondaMan 13:58 11 Mar 09

theDarkness, LS.exe IS its full name.

Do a google search for "LS.exe + directory listing"

HondaMan 13:59 11 Mar 09

Here is a better link click here

theDarkness 16:01 28 Jul 09

thanks- i am wondering if there are any similar programs that will also do a scan of files from a directory or folder, and then, comparing it with a previous saved database, tell me if any files have gone missing or been modified (either in size or name for example), and then list them?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac