progam installs take HOURS!!??

commadore 14:07 PM 18 Mar 13

I have a home built pc comprising asrock 960GM-GS3 FX and AMD Phenom II quad core processor with windows 7. everything about it seems OK in terms of speed and such but when I try to install progams it take literally hours to complete an install. I have ensured that all maintenance is up to date and cleaned registry and defraged disks etc but still have the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas???

spuds 15:23 PM 18 Mar 13

You don't actually say if you are trying to download and install from the internet or a disk. This information might help in solving part of the problem, as would the programs you are trying to install, and whether perhaps they are compatible with W7?.

lotvic 16:13 PM 18 Mar 13

Also need to know what antivirus etc you have. All files will be constantly being checked by them.

wiz-king 16:32 PM 18 Mar 13

If you are downloading from the web it is usually quicker to download to your download folder and then to run the program.

commadore 09:55 AM 19 Mar 13

I am using AVG free antivirus and installing from disk although the same problem occurs when installing from the net.

rdave13 16:24 PM 19 Mar 13

The last post here suggests turning off system restore. You could try that, see if installation speed improves. I'd then switch system restore back on and create a new restore point.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites