progam installs take HOURS!!??

commadore 18 Mar 13

I have a home built pc comprising asrock 960GM-GS3 FX and AMD Phenom II quad core processor with windows 7. everything about it seems OK in terms of speed and such but when I try to install progams it take literally hours to complete an install. I have ensured that all maintenance is up to date and cleaned registry and defraged disks etc but still have the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas???

spuds 18 Mar 13

You don't actually say if you are trying to download and install from the internet or a disk. This information might help in solving part of the problem, as would the programs you are trying to install, and whether perhaps they are compatible with W7?.

lotvic 18 Mar 13

Also need to know what antivirus etc you have. All files will be constantly being checked by them.

wiz-king 18 Mar 13

If you are downloading from the web it is usually quicker to download to your download folder and then to run the program.

commadore 19 Mar 13

I am using AVG free antivirus and installing from disk although the same problem occurs when installing from the net.

rdave13 19 Mar 13

The last post here suggests turning off system restore. You could try that, see if installation speed improves. I'd then switch system restore back on and create a new restore point.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message