Prog to arrange address's in alphabeti order.

Ambasedor 15:18 07 Dec 09

I have a lot of addresses i download randomly but need to put in order. I use XP so just need a simple prog to rearrange them in alphabetic order.

Technotiger 15:20 07 Dec 09

Hmm, normally one can just right-click on any address in a list, and then click on Sort by...

Technotiger 15:21 07 Dec 09

Or in XP's address book, click on View and then choose the order you require.

Ambasedor 16:48 07 Dec 09

Hi Technotiger thanks for that but they are pasted in a word doc and that option doesnt appear or work. Dont want them in my address book just as a separate list of addresses in a doc that I can refer to and add to.

DieSse 17:01 07 Dec 09

Putting them into a spreadsheet is much better - then you can sort away to your hearts content.

GaT7 17:09 07 Dec 09

"I have a lot of addresses i download randomly" - what kind of addresses are they, & why would you want to download them randomly?

If you mean Internet addresses / URLs isn't your browser's Favourites/Bookmarks folder present for this very purpose? And one can easily sort them by right-clicking the list & choosing 'Sort by Name' or similar. G

Woolwell 17:20 07 Dec 09

Much better in a spreadsheet but Word can sort click here

Ambasedor 18:52 07 Dec 09

Hi Guys,

They are names addresses and tel nos of companies that i contact that have been extracted from BT phone book. Having tried the microsoft sort it splits all the phone nos addresses and names and puts them in different lists so i will have to resort to a spread sheet and as there over 500 I will have to put in separately instead of all at once. Thanks for your help.

GaT7 18:54 07 Dec 09

Ah right, thanks for clarifying that. G

bremner 19:01 07 Dec 09

In Word use the text to table feature to put the addresses into a table.

Once in a table you can use Word to sort them or copy the table to Excel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now