Product Key not recognised

skylark101 15:53 23 Oct 08

I have recently purchased an HP notebook pc which has office 2007 installed, but when I open an office application I get a message telling me that I can open the software a maximum of 25 times without inputting my product key, but when I do input the product key I get a message telling me that it is incorrect, incidentally my product key is underneath the notebook and is entered correctly.
Funnily enough my daughter also recently bought a notebook of a different make to mine and from a different supplier, yet has the exact same problem.
I would be grateful if anyone could throw any light on this matter.
Thank You.

brundle 15:55 23 Oct 08

Sounds like your Office install is a trial version. Your Windows product key on the bottom of the machine is not the same as an Office product key.

ventanas 16:28 23 Oct 08

Office is often supplied with a pc or laptop as a trial version which can only be used for a certain number of times, or will be time limited. It is never supplied as a full product unless you specifically ordered and paid for it, in which case you will have the CD with the code printed on the case.
The code underneath the machine relates to Windows and not to Office, as brundle has said.

DieSse 17:33 23 Oct 08

For a (genuinely) FREE alternative to MS Office, try Open Office.

click here

No-one need pay for an Office Suite any more.

Demora 18:19 23 Oct 08

Oh and if you want free desktop Publishing. click here

Office One note was bundled with my Toshiba 4 years ago. The reg key was on a cd in the re install pack.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac