product key

SIGSARY 12:03 30 Dec 04

I have just restored my windows98 but cannot go any further because i have lost the Product Key.

thms 12:12 30 Dec 04

If it was pre-installed look at the back of your computer for a microsoft sticker which should have the code printed on it.

ACOLYTE 12:13 30 Dec 04

This was an interesting read:

Although 98 licences are no longer available, the wording of the EULA for MS Win 2000 Professional allows the licence to be used to 'downgrade' to other operating systems for which new licences are NO LONGER AVAILABLE!! Funnily enough, the only current OS with this licence 'downgrade' facility is O2K Pro. XP Pro's licence will not allow a downgrade, and neither will Windows Server 2003's licence.

All you have to do is telephone Microsoft and request a 'downgrade' licence for 98 from W2K Pro. You then give them proof of ownership of the W2K Pro, and they will issue you with a product key for 98. This will ONLY allow installation of Windows98 on a machine with W2K Pro installed.

No use to you but i thought it was interesting.

click here

There is a chap offering a key dont know if it will work.

click here

This one is for if you have 98 installed and cannot find the key.

octal 12:53 30 Dec 04

Its no secret, if you've got the Windows 98 cd its in the Win98 folder, there's a file in there called serial, open it in notepad and you'll see the product key.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…