Product Key

Bapou 23:51 02 Nov 04

Downloaded the jellybean.com file as advised on page 128 of PC Advisor (December) to seek out my XP Product Key.

Ran it, found it, discovered it's a different Product Key number to the one labelled as 'Product Key' on the top of my PC.

What's the difference?

SANTOS7 00:17 03 Nov 04

Why would you need to seek it out if its already on top of your PC?.........

Diodorus Siculus 07:44 03 Nov 04

It may depend on how the installation of XP got on the PC. If they simply cloned one disk onto another, then you will have a different product key. But when you go to reinstall windows, you can use your personal key as on the label.

Bapou 11:41 03 Nov 04

Thanks, sounds feasible. My computer came with XP installed from Time Computers so I wasn't doubting the OS was authentic.

SANTOS7 Out of curiosity really,plus, the label on the box is barely readable now. I had written that number down, but where? it's so long ago.
Anyway isn't curiosity all part of the learning curve in computers. It is with me.

Bapou 11:42 03 Nov 04

Thanks, sounds feasible. My computer came with XP installed from Time Computers so I wasn't doubting the OS was authentic.

SANTOS7 Out of curiosity really,plus, the label on the box is barely readable now. I had written that number down, but where? it's so long ago.
Anyway isn't curiosity all part of the learning curve in computers. It is with me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…