processor upgrade for Sony Vaio VGN-FS515SE

petemnk 21:35 14 Aug 10

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I hope someone out there will be able to help me.

I have the sony Vaio VGN-FS515SE and want to upgrade my standard processor to the INTEL MOBILE PENTIUM 780 SL7VB. The processor is quite expensive and i don't want to buy it and it not work..

any help will be much appreciated..

I wasn't quite sure what specs you needed so please feel free to ask and i'll post what ever you need.

cheers

citadel 21:42 14 Aug 10

hard to upgrade laptop cpu, easier to get a new laptop and sell the old

petemnk 21:52 14 Aug 10

thanks for the reply...

the laptop was given to me and didn't cost a penny so i wanted to try and upgrade it as much as i could with out buying a new one or spending too much money. the processor is expensive but cheaper than buying a new laptop all together.

i have researched into it quite a bit and have found that the PENTIUM 780 SL7VB is compatible with the chipset, motherboard and socket so i was mainly wandering if there was any other compatibility information, such as power supply or cooler fan, i was missing that someone else may have encountered or be aware of.

Quiller. 12:45 15 Aug 10

are easy to change the cpu over. In some cases they are easier than desktop computers. Take off the back cover, remove the heat sink and fan with about 4 screws. Lift up the plate and pop the cpu out.

dissemble manual for the VGN -FS model click here

I think I have a processor and pci-e graphics card for a viao somewhere in my boxes?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant