processor upgrade question(where to purchase)

hugh-265156 00:25 14 Jan 04

hi folks,this is my mobo click here i have windows xp a 1.8P4(400mhz fsb) 512ddr ram a radeon 9000 128mb and a soundblaster live 5.1.

i enjoy games and the time has come to upgrade as newer games are now requiring me to lower the settings a bit in order to play smoothly so im in the market for a new graphics card and processor.

for graphics im going for a raddy 9600 but as for cpu the thing is my mobo can only support up to a 2.4P4 400mhz(which is fine) but i cant see these for sale in any shops only the new 533 and 800mhz models.

i know i can get a 2.4P4 400mhz from a web store but heres the problem,i dont use a credit card and dont want to.

anybody know of a high street retailer that still sells them or a web shop that will take a postal order? LOL!

ta.

Djohn 00:47 14 Jan 04

Hi huggyg71, Give my local shop a phone call, I'm sure they will accept your payment with pleasure if they have the correct items in stock.

Ask for Glen, he's the owner of the shop. Say that I recommended you to them from the PCA forum. click here

hugh-265156 00:50 14 Jan 04

it may be a month or so before i get the cash together,i noticed you recommended them in the past and hold them in high regard.but will certainly give them a try.

thank you Djohn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…