Processor upgrade advice??

scubadiver99 08:33 15 Oct 04

I have an E-machine with a celeron 533, a trigem Aneheim-2 motherboard and onboard intel video, running 256MB system RAM.

I'm trying to find out if upgrading it will make it capable of playing a game for my kids that requires a PIII 600mhz.

The fastest processor my motherboard will support is a Celeron 766(coppermine FC-PGA Socket370). I don't know why it won't support the faster socket 370 celerons or PIII chips. When I look at pricewatch.com mostly all I see are the Celeron 733 listed. But if it's worth it, I'll keep looking for the 766.

My question is, will the Celeron733 (or 766) be fast enough to run a game that needs a PIII 600?
I've asked Intel, who told me to ask the game maker, who didn't respond.
I really can't afford to throw $$$ away, but can't afford a new PC right now, and can get a 733 for about $33 but I need to know if it'll be worth the effort. BTW, the RAM is maxed out @256.

Thanks for any input!

alan227 09:27 15 Oct 04

You might find this article interesting.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…