Processor Upgrade

Dyffryn 13:19 08 May 03

My daughter has a Packard Bell Pulsar 20 which is fitted with an Intel Pentium MMX 200 processor. Before it is relegated to the scrap heap, can you tell me if this machine can have an upgrade of processor and if so will it be worth it?

its probably a better bet to sell the machine now while it has a modicum of value you might get nearly 200 quid for it and its amazing what you can buy second hand for 350quid or so .check your local free ads paper.

Tog 13:39 08 May 03

If you are planning to use it for games then I doubt if a processor upgrade is worthwhile. However, this site provides processor upgrades for older machines click here

duplo 13:48 08 May 03

Not really worth it, if your just using it for word etc then a faster chip wont make much difference...

I would not throw it, either sell since you may get some money, or give it to a school that may need it, local libary etc.

For many tasks a 200MMX is a worthy machine. Just do a full format and reinstall to remove your data!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…