Processor Upgrade

domtheboy 17:49 19 Jan 03
  domtheboy 17:49 19 Jan 03

Hi again

I'm currently running and Athlon XP 2000+ processor, my PC is less than a year old but I want to keep on top of upgrading it.

If I wanted to upgrade my processor, is there anything out there that would beat this at the moment ? (By beat I mean if I replaced it I would experience better performance/more power).

Thanks y'all !

Gongoozler 17:56 19 Jan 03

domtheboy, in my opinion, unless you can increase the processor speed by 50%, you will not notice a significant improvement in performance. Will your motherboard take an Athlon XP2700+, and is it worth spending the best part of £300 for a new processor?

Elrond 18:03 19 Jan 03

I agree with Gongoozler, nut would also ask do you really need a new processor?

Elrond 18:04 19 Jan 03

nut = but

but i'm clearly a nut

Djohn 18:09 19 Jan 03

Gongoozler and Elrond are correct, you already have a very fast CPU. If you feel your not getting the most form your PC, then maybe a look at the Graphics card and/or memory will help.

As for a CPU I would wait until a 4000xp comes out, for you to notice a difference!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…