processor upgrade

AZZIF 17:34 29 Nov 04

recently i had problems wih my pc and as a result my amd 2000+ processor blew up. i got a amd 2200+ processor. my pc gives me a windows registry error, i know i have to chnage or do something to my motherboard.

Dorsai 18:09 29 Nov 04

Please can you supply details of your Motherboard, Version of windows, and the actual error message you get.

If you dont know your board make/model, try click here and download/run Belarc advisor.

I may not be able to help, but armed with the addition info someone else probably can.

dfghjkl 20:57 29 Nov 04

did you format and reinstall o\s?i dont know if you have to but i would for a fresh start.peter

AZZIF 18:03 30 Nov 04

MOTHERBOARD GIGABYTE 7EVML

Dorsai 18:31 30 Nov 04

The closest mobo i cam find is a 7VKML.

Regardless of that, what version of windows, and what is the error message? please.

Without knowing what the error actually is, no-one stands a chance of suggesting a fix.

A change of processor should not require a re-format and re-install, but it probably would solve the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…