Processor temperatures

alan227 19:11 04 Oct 05

Is there a program that I can download that can tell me the temperature of my processor.

Totally-braindead 19:19 04 Oct 05

There are many, some free and some shareware click here , not sure if this link will work right if it goes to the search page alone just key in temperature and you'll see them all.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:22 04 Oct 05

Everest Home Edition click here

will show tmperatures look under computer - sensor

alan227 20:10 04 Oct 05

Thanks for your answers, I already use Everest home, but this picks up the temperature readings of the UGuru utility of the Abit board and the 3 downloads I tried all of the used information from UGuru so it reads the same as everest.
I posted this question because I read on a few forums that The UGuru facility can misread temperatures and a BIOS flash will solve the problem.
I have read many posts about unsuccessful BIOS flashes so I was looking for a program that monitored the temperatures independently of the motherboard facility.

Totally-braindead 20:19 04 Oct 05

It may not help but if you are really concerned about the temps then run the PC for a while, restart and go into the BIOS, the actual temp will be listed there. Agree with you that flashing the BIOS is risky and wouldn't do it personally unless I had to.

dan11 20:19 04 Oct 05

if you are using an athlon 64, then try AMD's Cool'n'Quiet / PowerNow! Dashboard Demo. click here. It gives an accurate reading of the core temp.

dan11 21:07 04 Oct 05

Sorry, just had an e-mail, that was the wrong one. Try "
AMD Dashboard Demo Software, Rev 2.0.0 "

That should give you click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…