Processor Sockets

paradiddle1984 10:36 15 Oct 05

Hi all,

As you may have read in a previous thread my power supply has blown and I am looking to buy a barebones system and throw in my remaining components.

I have a p4 2.4ghz processor and the barebones system I am looking at is here:

click here

My question is whether or not my processor will fit into the board because I noticed the section about socket types and this is all foreign territory to me and I don't want to order it without being sure first.

Many thanks,

Paul.

gudgulf 10:41 15 Oct 05

What was the motherboard make/model in the old pc?

paradiddle1984 17:56 15 Oct 05

Im not sure how to find out. alls i know is its a p4 board with a 2.4 ghz processor. how do i find out any more?

Its not that old if that helps

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:14 15 Oct 05
  PC Bilbo 19:03 15 Oct 05

If you follow below link to Intel Processor Package ID page it should help you.It's highly likely to be a socket 478 if it's not a fairly recent P4 but best make sure.I looked at an Asus cases for 2 new builds recently but noticed the PSU rack was a non std size which meant you could only ever replace with an Asus one.It might not matter for you but I thought I'd mention it in passing.

click here

Good Luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…