processor problem. please help

MILLSY4606 18:55 01 Mar 04

when i go into MY COMPUTER,SYSTEM, it says my laptop is running at 1.5ghz, but when i trying to install a game it says im running at 300mhz, i hardly keep nothing on my hard drive so i have loads of memory and also i defrag once a week any idea why this is going pear shaped.

bremner 19:04 01 Mar 04

Intel systems use Speedstep, AMD use Powernow!

Both limit the speed of the processor to what the application needs so that power usuage is less and the battery lasts longer.

Big Elf 19:07 01 Mar 04

Maybe it's one of those laptops that slows down the CPU depending on what you're doing at the time to save battery power.

Does the game install and run?

What's the make and model of the laptop?

Big Elf 19:46 01 Mar 04

From email:

"my computer is never unplugged so battery is fully charged always"

I don't know whether the CPU slowdown only takes effect using battery power. It used to be but I'm not sure about Centrino's which is why I asked for the make and model number.

I also keep my laptop plugged in permanently which probably explains why, after 2 years, my battery life is now 14 minutes and diminishing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…