//some 3rd party need geo

processor help

blueboy2uk 19:29 14 Oct 04

i have just brought a new processor a P4 2.4 pentioum 355GHZ the other night i installed it switched on nothing happened so i put the old one back in every thing was fine, i checked with my motherboard makers online and according to them the new chip is ok to go in the motherboard but the new chip has micro threading tech, and it seems that you cant enable micro threading untill the new chip is installed does that mean that i fit the new chip start the computes and press F2 to bring up the bios then microthreadin will appear on the list enable exit from bios and every thing should be fine have i got it right if i havent i will need the details explained in in non tech words as i an bit of a novice.

many thanks
for any help you can give me
ps the motherboard is a asrock m266A 3.0x

next week i am putting in a graphics card
im sure i will be back for more help
you guys are a godsend to computer owners like me keep up the good work.

igr 21:21 14 Oct 04

That sounds the right way to do it

dan 11 21:29 14 Oct 04

It looks as if you have got it right. Insert the processor and boot to bios. The entry for hyper threading technology should be in advanced chipset setup. Set to auto and F10.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…