Processor Heat Sinks and Fans

sean-278262 23:27 02 Dec 04

I have decided to upgrade to a better fan my one is extreemly noisy (old stock amd one that came with an xp2600)

I would like suggestions of fans that are actually quiet, rated to a max of 22dbA less is better, will be visiting family before xmas so want to buy one in anywhere around the london area and also leeds bradford manchester and liverpool anywhere around 50 miles from these places will also be considered.

Finally my budget £20, tight but then I am planning for a new pc in july! This is a stop gap measure. This isnt all I am getting but I am looking for suggestions of fans and places where they are stocked.

sean-278262 23:29 02 Dec 04

Also please no mention of internet retailers. I have decided on "real shops" as I would like to physically see the processor. Thermal paste would like advice on also.

Belatucadrus 00:46 03 Dec 04

click here= Fan

click here compound

I am using both and find them very good. Where either are stocked in stated areas, no idea whatsoever.

sean-278262 00:12 04 Dec 04

strangely i was looking at that one on ebuyer. Any other suggestions or places i can get that fan?

Belatucadrus 09:26 04 Dec 04

click here for alternative supplier, but as to high street retailers, I've seen them the pentium version in Maplin, but the price was fairly eye watering. Give you an idea if you just want to look at it first though.

goonerbill © ® 10:09 04 Dec 04

two good computer fairs off tottenham court road. will get same h/s & fan for less than high st store. best to have some idea of which you want and then go hunting.

1st fair is 1st right turn from bottom end of T C R

goonerbill © ® 10:10 04 Dec 04

two good computer fairs off tottenham court road. will get same h/s & fan for less than high st store. best to have some idea of which you want and then go hunting.

1st fair is 1st right turn from bottom end of T C R and is sign posted.

2nd fair ( in 2 parts ) about half way up

goonerbill © ® 10:10 04 Dec 04

1st fair is 1st right turn from bottom end of T C R and is sign posted.

2nd fair ( in 2 parts ) about half way up

goonerbill © ® 10:13 04 Dec 04

after goodge st tube station and is sign posted as well.

sorry kept hitting wrong key on keyboard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…