processor at 55 c

hi ive just git in and notice on front temp panel of pc case that proceessor temp is at 55c its noramllly at 30c ish is this a problem as i dont want to come in and its burnt out any idea no how hot it should be

€dstowe 18:35 17 Jun 04

One of my machines regularly runs at 60+ and in this hot weather, has reached 65.

Don't worry too much about it as modern processors will shut themselves down before they destroy themselves.

If it does shut down through oeverheating, then think about extra ventilation/fans etc. but I think there's quite a way to go before you get to that stage.

johnsims 18:38 17 Jun 04

It sounds like it's warmer than ususal, but if it is an AMD chip, 55 is not quite at the "start to worry stage"
Neverhteless, I would investigate fans etc and perhaps clean out any buildup of dust in the case and fans to bring the temp back down a bit.

Gongoozler 18:38 17 Jun 04

50ish C is fine. The processor can't possibly be cooler than the ambient, and in the recent weather it could well be a few degrees warmer than usual. If the temperature gets above 60C then is the time to start worrying. It would be better if you could keep the temperature nearer or below 50C, and your heatsink fins may be getting clogged with dust. My computer is currently showing a motherboard temperature of 38C and processor 51C.

well thats put mind at rest cheers all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…