processor?

suzzieQ 05:19 09 Feb 09

is it possible to turn an intell pentium 4 1.7 processor into a 4 3 processor?

howard64 06:13 09 Feb 09

if you mean can you overclock the chip? this will depend on your motherboard. If you mean change the cpu for another? only if it uses the same socket on the motherboard and the mobo can take the advanced cpu. Hope this helps.

DieSse 11:46 09 Feb 09

is it possible to turn an intell pentium 4 1.7 processor into a 4 3 processor?

No.

It may be possible to change the processor for a fster one - but almost certainly not a 4.3GHz.

However to advise you properly as to what is possible we need to know the name and model of your motherboard - also how much RAM you have please.

You can find this information with this free software, if you don't know already.

click here

suzzieQ 13:04 09 Feb 09

i want to get HD movies through my pc and need a pentium4 3.0 at least. i have a 1.7 and 2.7. can anything be done with the 2.7 with 256mb ram, 40gb.?

DieSse 17:26 09 Feb 09

You have two computers?

With Windows XP and only 256MB RAM it probably won't be running well at all. You need to a least double that and better still go to 1GB.

But we can't advise you unless you tell us more about your system(s), as I asked before. Until then we can only guess.

howard64 17:42 09 Feb 09

I would suggest you try and find someone to buy your old system and then get a new one with a realistic specification for what you want to do.

suzzieQ 02:17 10 Feb 09

howard64: I think you rite.
thanks for all the info:suzzie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac