Probs with WinXP 'crashing' out of applications

technique 18:44 20 Nov 03

I have XP Home, for my sins, and have a problem. When using applications, any, I find that WinXP likes to develop fatal errors and close the application - with the very annoying 'do you wish to report this error to MS?' message appearing (not that it does you any good.

This happens a lot, especially with Internet Explorer, when I find launcing websites simply crash out.

Funny thing is though, that when I log in with a different user account I do not get these problems.

Anyone else had this/knows what the problem is/has the remedy?

Thanks

johnnyrocker 19:31 20 Nov 03

clearly there is something wrong in your settings in your user a/c have you compared settings? between the two id's?

johnny.

gold 47 19:40 20 Nov 03

looks like you have set up a guest account of some sort for yourself try deleting the accounts
and setting them up again info is available on how todo this if you are not sure.

critic-al 19:44 20 Nov 03

Are you the Administrator?

critic-al 19:48 20 Nov 03

run -sfc /scannow if you have xp cd

powerless 19:54 20 Nov 03

Start, run, type:

eventvwr.msc

Click OK.

Click on the APPLICATION and SYSTEM logs, you probably see lots of ERRORS with "Application hang".

Double click the log and click the link at the bottom of the log and see what ms say (if anything).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…