probs with virgin broad ban.

guyowen 12:57 19 Jun 07

Hi.

Can anyone help me?

I have got my PC set up and running fine and a new virgin BB connection with a linsys router and a belkin dongle. are the dongle and router compatible as i just cant seem to get online?

Forum Editor 18:46 19 Jun 07

of compatibility between a Linksys router and a Belkin USB wireless adapter.

You don't say if the router has established a connection with your ISP - did it do that when you were setting it up?

Strawballs 22:22 19 Jun 07

Did you set up the router and wireless via Lan before trying to connect wirelessly?

guyowen 08:56 20 Jun 07

Hi.

The dongle has connected to the router Ok all be it with a low signal, but the router doesnt seem to be connected to the internet. Dont have a clue why not.

I didnt set it up via lan first because my comuter does not have the ethernet plug on it. Is there any way round this?

Strawballs 22:14 20 Jun 07

Yes get a usb to ethernet adapter click here if you don't want to open your case (very easy)

or a PCI card if you do click here

ambra4 18:56 28 Jun 07

Guyowen

It is strongly recommended by All router suppliers that you use a physically connected cable
to the Router (via an RJ45 cable) for router setup.

That is why an RJ45 is in the router box

(Please read manual before installing router)

Using a wireless connected computer for setup is Not recommended or to access router setup at any time.

Can cause major corruption to firmware on the router

Buy a internal Lan card (not hard to install)and all your problems will go away

ambra4 21:51 28 Jun 07

If you want too still run from a usb port you have to install the driver on the CD

does the router have a USB port if not you will have to buy a usb to Ethernet cable

Have not used this method before so I cannot say if it will work or be any help.

once you can access the router just follow the manual

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…