probs setting up msn messenger

carlinglover 13:42 18 Apr 03

im trying to get a relative set up on msn but she has encountered a problem that i have never come across b4 coz i found setting it up easy ... hope some body can help here is an extract of the e mail she sent me.....

hi guys, i am having trouble hearing the first letter on the audio play for the characters that you have to type in before you agree to them. until i get that i can't finish the registration and get hooked on.

has anybody any idea what she is on about and what we can do to help.. ty for the time you take to help us ,,,

carlinglover

anchor 16:29 18 Apr 03

No, I don`t quite understand what she means about hearing the first letter on audio play, at this pre-registration stage.

Another possibility is Yahoo messenger, which I find better if you want to have a voice connection; (less echo).
click here

It does virtually the same thing as MS Messenger. Both of you would need a Yahoo ID, and have Yahoo Messenger installed.

carlinglover 17:49 18 Apr 03

anchor...
ty for the advice but all our contacts are on msn and she wants that one .. if she cant download that then what chance do we have with yahoo lol... ty for the time you took to reply though..

anchor 12:17 19 Apr 03

carlinglover:

I assume that she already has a hotmail account, which you must have for MS messenger.

If not, sign-up here:
click here

She should then download the appropriate version of MS Messneger for her operating system. There is one for Win98/ME, another for WinXP, and yet another for Mac.

click here

this is for Win98/ME, and there are links on the side-bar for other versions.

carlinglover 12:41 19 Apr 03

ANCHOR....

FOUND OUT WHAT HER PROBLEM WAS... WHEN YOU REGISTER AND YOU HAVE A BOX NEAR THE END WITH NUMBERS AND LETTERS IN IT TO STOP MULTIPLE ACCOUNT SET UPS.. SHE COULDNT SEE IT AND WHEN YOU CLICK TO SAY YOU CANT SEE IT YOU GET IT VIA VOICE BUT IT WASNT COMING THRU EITHER SO I SET IT UP FOR HER AND ALL SHE HAS TO DO NOW IS CHANGE HER PASSWORD... TY FOR YOUR HELP AND TAKING TIME OUT TO GIVE YOUR ADVICE..
GOOD LUCK IN ALL YOU DO

CARLING LOVER....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…