Probs from new mouse

seventiesdolly 19:10 01 Jun 06

I just tried my new optical mouse and was really pleased with it.....until I put my previously ok pc in standby and it wouldn't restart.
I had to totally switch off my pc and turn it back on. Thinking it was probably my new mouse, I put my old one back in et voila! it worked!
Why should having a new mouse affect standby in this way, and is there anything I can do to be able to use my nice new mouse?
Thanks for any guidance.

Legolas 19:16 01 Jun 06

It is possible that the mouse is set not to bring your system out of stand-by. Go to the control panel and click on the mouse icon and see if there is an option to set the mouse to bring system out of stand-by

seventiesdolly 19:21 01 Jun 06

Hmm..I don't see any options for the mouse bringing the pc out of standby...

skidzy 19:28 01 Jun 06

Dolly....Start > Control Panel > Classic View > Mouse >Hardware . Properties > Power Management > Tick the box Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby.

jack 19:28 01 Jun 06

The original mounse is PS2[little grren plug on back of compter is it not?

And the New optical mouse? USB possibly
Am I right?
When 'puter sleeps - USB sleeps also
It think this may be the root of it.

seventiesdolly 19:33 01 Jun 06

The new mouse said PS2

seventiesdolly 19:33 01 Jun 06

Sorry, pressed wrong button and it sent. I was going to say the new mouse said PS2 compatible?

seventiesdolly 19:36 01 Jun 06

Skidzy, I don't have a 'power management' option.

skidzy 19:40 01 Jun 06

Dolly,did you click properties after hardware...it should be there.

seventiesdolly 19:42 01 Jun 06

Yep, I did that but no options...? :-(

countryboy 19:48 01 Jun 06

Suggest you use the USB to PS2 adaptor that came with the mouse and plug it into the PS2 socket. This it what cured my problems with a USB mouse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…